Henderson Homes With a Casita
View today's top Henderson homes for sale with a casita or guest house & Henderson real estate below! To request up-to-date information about Henderson homes with a guest house or to arrange a private home showing, contact your Henderson homes with a casita real estate experts today.
Homes For Sale With Casita in Henderson
What to Know About Buying a Henderson Home With a Casita
If you’re in the market for a new home, you may want to consider a home with a casita on the property. There are several advantages to having a casita, as it creates more space for your family, and potentially your guests. Before you sign the dotted line, though, there are a few things you’ll want to know about buying a home with a casita.
- Permitting: Before you buy a home with a casita, you’ll want to know that the structure is property permitted. If not, the sale may not go through. You also may not be able to get the casita insured. An unpermitted casita won’t add any value to your property if you’re not able to legally use it.
- Legality: You also need to make sure the casita doesn’t break any local rules and regulations. If there’s a casita on the property already, but its’ not legally allowed, you could be purchasing a big and potentially expensive problem down the road.
- Mortgage concerns: You also need to make sure your mortgage provider allows for a casita, especially if you’re thinking about renting it out. Certain home loans have different requirements about occupancy, so make sure everything is legit.
- Shared space/utilities: If you’re thinking about renting out the casita instead of just using it for visiting friends and family members, you’ll want to have any issues ironed out ahead of time regarding shared space. You may want to consider future privacy issues as well issues related to utilities if you’re not able to separate the casita from the main home when it comes time to pay bills.
- Will it serve its purpose?: You’ll want to make sure the casita is capable of being used the way you want to use it. Some casitas might work well to house an aging parent or a young adult, but not necessarily work very well as a rental. While a casita gives you more space and privacy, you’ll want to make sure the one that comes with the home you’re interested in buying will work as you intended.
- Higher property value: Oftentimes, a home with a casita adds value to a home, so be prepared for a higher asking price. A home with a casita also probably sits on a larger lot. Several home builders are now offering homes with a casita, and the size and style can vary greatly.
Henderson Homes With a Casita Related Content:
Henderson Homes With Casita Real Estate Agents
If you're considering the purchase of a home in Henderson with a casita connect with our Henderson real estate team for help with the ins and outs of available properties. As local real estate agents, we have up-to-date knowledge on the unique dynamics of the Henderson real estate market.
Contact The Little Group of RE/MAX Advantage for more information on representation for buyers and sellers. Looking to sell your home in Henderson with a casita or guest house? Visit our market analysis page to quickly receive a free property evaluation!
Back to Henderson Real Estate